What is GIF file?
GIF is a Graphics Interchange format, also known as acronym GIF. GIF is in the form of bitmap image format that was developed by the team named as bulletin board services (BBS). Therefore, for each image, this format supports up to 8 bits and a single image that helps in referencing its own particular picture is of up to 256 different colors that have chosen from the 24-bit RGB color space. GIF supports animations and separates all the pictures up to 256 colors which are for each frame.
Animated GIFs are the quick and easy way that gives dynamic content and those are especially in web pages. When compare to dynamic content like Java and Flash this GIF files are smaller in size and you can download the browser easily and helps in faster browsing experience.
What is PNG?
PNG stands for “Portable Graphics Format”. This is one of the most used uncompressed image formats on the internet. Therefore, this lossless data is used to compress the format which creates to replace the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF). PNG is an open format which does not have any copyrights and without any limitations. Therefore, a GIF image, PNG has the ability to display all the clear backgrounds. However, PNG files are consists of 24-bit RGB color palettes and grayscale images.
PNG files are often used to store all the graphics on the websites and some of the operating system like macOS and UBuntu store all the screenshots which are in the form of PNG format. PNG files are used over jpg and GIFs in web design and act as an open format, so these can be used without any license.
How to convert PNG file
You can easily convert PNG files to any another format which is popular which includes HPG, ICO, TIF, BMP, and GIF. This can be converted by using the free online converters.
How to convert GIF to PNG
You can convert the GIF to PNG by using this free online tool. You can easily upload the image and apply filters to convert into PNG file.
- Choose the file from your computer, Google Drive or from Dropbox.
- You can even drag and drop the GIF file and convert in PNG format.
- Click on the convert button, and starts converting the GIF file into PNG format.
- You can download the converted PNG file, downloaded file can sent to email.
How to convert PNG file to GIF image file
- Firstly you need to upload the text files and select the file from the computer; Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or you can even drag the PNG file on the page to convert.
- Choose to PNG file, so you have an option to choose any format you need to.
- Select the file type as PNG and click on the other button to add the file name which you wish to convert GIF file
- Click on the convert button, PNG file starts uploading, and then it converts into GIF file format.
- Download the Converted GIF file or send it to your mail id.