The bar code scanner is an electronic device that helps to read the code and comes out as a printed bar code to a computer. It comes up with a light source, a lens and a light sensor that assist you to translate the optical into electric ones. Nowadays you can see on flyers, posters, websites, applications, event ads, restaurant menus. These days it became simple and easy to generate, download and to scan your QR code. Everyone can analyze the data which is in the bar code images that provided by the sensors and sending the bar code data to the output of the scanner. Bar code scans multiple formats which are in bar code and QR codes to detect the automatic decode their contents.
- Bar code scanners are very fast and easy to use; it is useful to DECODE text, URLs, ISBN, emails, calendar events by clicking through your Smartphone camera, image files, and online codes.
- Once after decoding you will return to the web page links, books, review, multimedia and calendar online information.
- You can create QR Codes on your own and bar codes very fast.
Purpose of the Bar code
The scanner is designed to measure the size of the dot of light that emits by the reader. If this dot of light is wider than you can see the space or bar in the bar code, then they will get overlap with both the elements and may bring the wrong output. On the other hand, if the dot is small it may have a chance to misread the spot on the bar code that ends up with the wrong output.
Features of Bar code Scanner
Here are some of the features of bar code scanner codes given below. You can scan QR codes and Bar code from
- Image files
Create your own Bar code encoding you need to have
- email address
- Phone numbers
- contacts information
- calendar events
- simple texts
Share your Bar code through
- Text messages
- Social networks like Facebook, twitter, Flip board, Google plus.
How to Scan Bar code with QR Stuff
You can use the camera to capture the Bar code where the payments can be done at gateways, tourism information, videos or any other Bar code. If you want to scan any Bar code you need to just point a camera at a point where Bar code to be scanned.
Bar code scanners in Smartphones
Smartphones can be used in the Android operating system. Nokia’s Symbian has some special features that bar code scanner can scan the bar code. Whereas, mbarcode is a bar code you can find a reader for the Maemo operating system. Apple iOS, in these operating system bar code readers, will not include automatically, but you can get fifty free or paid app available with both scanning facilities and hard-linking URL.
How to use Bar code scanner
- Bar code is used to decrypt the data which is encrypted
- You can use a mobile application in your mobile to decrypt the information which is in the form of QR code.